Pages

Monday, September 02, 2013

Merida 2014 Calendar

Earlier this year, I revisited the city of Mérida in the Mexican state of Yucátan. A lot has changed since I was first in Mérida back in 1987. What was once a relatively quiet provincial capital is now a cosmopolitan city of some one million souls. Still, Mérida turned our to be much as I remember it, especially the historical center, which has an eclectic mix of architecture, including handsome Spanish colonial buildings dating back to the 16th century. 

I was also pleased to discover that Mérida remains a colorful and inspiring place for photography. Fortunately, modernization (such as free public Wi-Fi in the lively main plaza) has not lessened the city's considerable charm. I've put together a 2014 Calender with a dozen favorite images from my Mérida trip. To get the most out of the calendar preview below, please click on the full screen icon at the bottom right of the screen.

No comments: